[CMake] CDT generator help: path discovery and other items

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jun 4 15:37:04 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 04 June 2013, Olaf Peter wrote:
> > Eclipse does have some issues, where cmake simply cannot help.
> > Some settings are stored neither in the .project nor in the .cproject
> > files, but inside the workspace metedata, which cmake cannot touch
> > (because it is somewhere else, it is binary, undocumented, etc.).
>
> What are this for issues? Where are they documented?

As I said, the issue with the version control.
Then it doesn't recognize if a linked resource points to a file which is
already part of the project, and considers those two separate files.
There is a setting somewhere to exclude linked resources from the search, but
that setting is stored neither in the .project nor in the .cproject file.
It can't handle linked resources which point to a parent directory of the
directory where the .project file lives.
Many of these problems would be solved if the .project file could have an
entry which specifies the root source/project directory for Eclipse.

> I have the problem,
> that code completion doesn't work, a huge eclispse error marker are
> shown due to the fact, that includes are not indexed? by eclipse. The
> includes has /usr/local/include paths e.g. The cmake project compiles
> fine since the includes are set correctly for make.

cmake adds the builtin include dirs and the project-include dirs to the
include dirs of Eclipse, so Eclipse should be able to find the headers.

Can you create a small project which shows the problem and send me the
.cproject file, or put them into a ticket on http://public.kitware.com/Bug ?

Thanks
Alex