[CMake] FLTK issue with cmake

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:45:12 EDT 2013

> I'm really thankful for your help, but after i tried fltk1..1.10 as you did
> the same error appeared to me!

Did you configure fltk with cmake then build fltk in visual studio?

What I did (to build fltk) was open a Visual Studio 2010 x64 command prompt.

Create a folder to build fltk in. cd into that folder

then run

cmake-gui fltksourcepath

inside cmake-gui I configured then generated

after that was done I closed cmake-gui and

ran cmake --build .

in the same folder. And fltk built the Debug version.

> I have some other Questions if you don't mind:
> May the type or version of windows affect the installation?

I have used many versions of windows from XP 32 to XP64 to windows
server 2003, windows server 2008, windows server 2012 als Windows 7
x64, and Windows 8 x64. All work without much issue.

I avoid using the INSTALL target on windows since that locks you into
whatever configuration you installed.

> May the type or version or visual studio affect the installation too?
> Can i use qt instead of fltk?

That is highly recommended. Qt is used by a significantly larger user
base and is developed and tested more thoroughly. On top of that many
of the Kitware applications like paraview are Qt based. Although it
will not help you run the FLTK examples..

John