[CMake] Include path Tcl under Cygwin

marco atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 04:21:16 EDT 2013

Il 7/4/2013 9:54 AM, Arjen Markus ha scritto:
> On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 08:43:29 +0200
>   marco atzeri  wrote:
>

>> using cygwin tcl, he should not need at all the change
>> as "C:" will not appear.
>> The header is "/usr/include/tcl.h"
>>
>> Mixing cygwin and not cygwin library should be avoided.
>>
>> Marco
>>

> The problem is that CMake does use the Cygwin version of
> tclsh, but the include files found are from the Windows
> installation. I include a fragment of the CMakeCache.txt
> file to show the problem:

only as you have Windows TCL on the path,
before the cygwin one.

> //Path to a program.
> TAIL_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/tail.exe
>
> //Path to a file.
> TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=C:/Tcl/include
 >
 > //Path to a library.
 > TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtcl.dll.a
 >
 > //Path to a program.
 > TCL_TCLSH:FILEPATH=/bin/tclsh

on my system, I see:

CMakeCache.txt:TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/include
CMakeCache.txt:TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtcl.dll.a
CMakeCache.txt:TCL_TCLSH:FILEPATH=/bin/tclsh
CMakeCache.txt://Details about finding TCL
CMakeCache.txt:FIND_PACKAGE_MESSAGE_DETAILS_TCL:INTERNAL=[/usr/lib/libtcl.dll.a][/usr/include][v()]
CMakeCache.txt://Details about finding TCLTK
CMakeCache.txt:FIND_PACKAGE_MESSAGE_DETAILS_TCLTK:INTERNAL=[/usr/lib/libtcl.dll.a][/usr/include][/usr/lib/libtk.dll.a][/usr/include][v()]

> //device used for ctest
> TEST_DEVICE:STRING=psc
>
> //Test dynamic drivers
> TEST_DYNDRIVERS:BOOL=ON
>
> //Build any of the provided libqsastime test applications.
> TEST_QSASTIME:BOOL=OFF
>
> //Path to a file.
> TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=C:/Tcl/include
>
> //Path to a library.
> TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtk.dll.a
>
> //Path to a program.
> TK_WISH:FILEPATH=/bin/wish
>
> //use fill_intersection_polygon
> USE_FILL_INTERSECTION_POLYGON:BOOL=OFF
> As you can see, all is Cygwin-related, _except_ the
> path to the Tcl include files. I can assure you those
> files are present under /usr/include too, with all the
> ordinary permissions (-rw-r--r--) and for the correct
> version of Tcl (/usr/bin/tclsh returns 8.5.11 and the
> tcl.h file contains that very same version number).
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

Just to be sure, are you  referring to plplot-5.9.9
or to another software ?

Marco