[CMake] Include path Tcl under Cygwin

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Thu Jul 4 03:54:15 EDT 2013

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 08:43:29 +0200
  marco atzeri <marco.atzeri at gmail.com> wrote:

> using cygwin tcl, he should not need at all the change
> as "C:" will not appear.
> The header is "/usr/include/tcl.h"
>
> Mixing cygwin and not cygwin library should be avoided.
>
> Marco

The problem is that CMake does use the Cygwin version of
tclsh, but the include files found are from the Windows
installation. I include a fragment of the CMakeCache.txt
file to show the problem:

//Path to a program.
TAIL_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/tail.exe

//Path to a file.
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=C:/Tcl/include

//Path to a library.
TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtcl.dll.a

//Path to a program.
TCL_TCLSH:FILEPATH=/bin/tclsh

//device used for ctest
TEST_DEVICE:STRING=psc

//Test dynamic drivers
TEST_DYNDRIVERS:BOOL=ON

//Build any of the provided libqsastime test applications.
TEST_QSASTIME:BOOL=OFF

//Path to a file.
TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=C:/Tcl/include

//Path to a library.
TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtk.dll.a

//Path to a program.
TK_WISH:FILEPATH=/bin/wish

//use fill_intersection_polygon
USE_FILL_INTERSECTION_POLYGON:BOOL=OFF

As you can see, all is Cygwin-related, _except_ the
path to the Tcl include files. I can assure you those
files are present under /usr/include too, with all the
ordinary permissions (-rw-r--r--) and for the correct
version of Tcl (/usr/bin/tclsh returns 8.5.11 and the
tcl.h file contains that very same version number).

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.