[CMake] CMake Code Beautifier

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Aug 30 17:49:08 EDT 2013

On 2013-08-30 15:50-0400 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> On 8/30/2013 10:06 AM, Tomasz Majchrowski wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> We have environment in which we are maintain bunch of cmake scripts as
>> separate component.
>> Since the bunch of script is used by other developers it's growing quite
>> fast.
>>
>> I'm looking for any CMake script code beautifier so others can easily
>> read it ? Anyone know such a one ?
>>
>> BR, Tomasz
> I use the emacs mode to reformat CMake code.

I use that as well, but the problem is that appears
to be the only choice and some developers (although very few, of
course :-) ) don't use emacs.

Seriously, though I wonder if something like uncrustify (which
currently has many powerful features to beautify C, C++, C#, D, Java
and Pawn) could be adapted to provide a standalone CMake code
beautifier.  We use uncrustify to keep PLplot C, C++, D, and Java code
beautified, and it works great for those so I would welcome an
extension of uncrustify to also beautify CMake code (although I don't
have time to work on such an uncrustify extension myself).

Alan
Alan W. Irwin