No subject

Tue Aug 6 13:31:21 EDT 2013

required, sometime is easier to change the value in the CMakeLists.txt,
remove the cache and rerun the configure/generate step, than surfing in
the huge CMakeCache.txt or cmake-gui<br>
The problem when I use cmake command line is that in the &quot;first&quot; step (with previous CMakeCache.txt deleted) I will obtain:<br>
- the intermediate CMakeCache.txt to be used for the second step (this is exactly what I want)<br>
- the first intermediate (incomplete) version of building configuration (Makefile, vcproj).<br>
Doing this,  when I run the compilation it will recompile the whole
project (even files that don&#39;t need to be recompiled) because of huge
changes in the building configurations.<br>
Instead, if for the first step I run only the configure step (by
cmake-gui or by cmake sending an error), no build configuration are
generated in the first step, and the resultant build conf of the
complete second step (no artificial errors) rebuild only what is
possibly really needed to be recompiled.<br>
So shortly: for automation purpose would be nice to have a cmake tool
command line parameter (i.e. --build_cache_only) for configuring only
the cache but not writing makefiles/vcproj exactly as cmake-gui/ccmake
can do. <br>
Our way was to &quot;SEND_ERROR&quot; during first generation only causing
that only the intermediate cache is generated (but not build

--001a11c25bda1a580e04e3705db2--