[CMake] Visual Studio 10 compiler identification unknown

iss at nesono.com iss at nesono.com
Mon Aug 5 10:32:35 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I hope this is not an old and boring question to you, but I did not
find any help in the web to the following problem:

I try to create a Visual Studio 10 solution on Windows 8 with having
Visual Studio being installed alongside Visual Studio 11. Somehow, cmake
does not find the right compilers:

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown

Any ideas how to fix that or gain more debugging information? I
invoked:
> cmake -G 'Visual Studio 10' --debug-trycompile --debug-output ../
and get the error in cygwin/or visual studio developer cmd

Hope anyone knows the answer...

-- jochen