[CMake] CMake 2.8.10 available for download

norulez at me.com norulez at me.com
Sat Nov 3 15:57:47 EDT 2012

Hello David,

I had also a question for the new release.
How can I create a valid VS2012 solution under windows 8?

I need to call "cmake -G "Visual Studio 11" ..\source" twice to get a solution file.
The first time I get messages which tells that there is an unknown CXX compiler and:

-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):
get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments

However, after the solution is created an opened, then some sub projects are valid, but the others are incompatible sub projects. (e.g. "ALL_BUILD (incompatible)"). The same works great under Windows 7 with and older cmake version such as 2.8.7.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

P.S.: I use CMake 2.8.10, Windows 8 Pro and VS 2012 Express for Windows 8