[CMake] How to pack a target/file into multiple packages in Linux?

Ralph Zhang ralph.j.zhang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:33:18 EDT 2012

Hi guys

I'm working on a project which generates quite a few executables, libraries
and configs, they need to be packed into different packages for deployment.
The problem is, the inclusion of those targets/files is not mutual
exclusive. One target/file can belong to multiple packages.

I'm using CMake 2.8.9 and trying CPack. I know it's kind of doable with
install types. But my platform is Ubuntu, so on Archives/Debs are
acceptable and they don't seem to support that.

With components/groups/parent groups it seems only possible to pack one
target/file into one component/group.

Is there any way out of this?

Thanks
Ralph