[CMake] How clean generated build system files

Cristea Bogdan cristeab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 12:48:12 EDT 2012

rm CMakeCache.txt

Sent from my Windows 8 PC <http://windows.microsoft.com/consumer-preview>

 *From:* lzprgmr <baiyanhuang at gmail.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:41:35 PM
*To:* cmake at cmake.org
*Subject:* [CMake] How clean generated build system files

Hi, All,

Is there any way to clean the generated build system files, like vs project
files, make files, it might be ok if generate out-of-place, but for
in-place files, it is really a pain if you want to remove those files,
especially there are a lot of projects and directories. Ideally, I would
expect there is a command like:

    cmake -clean

(I used to use premake, which has a nice action called "clean", so you can:
premake4 clean to remove generated files)

Thanks.