[CMake] Secret precompiled header support?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:14:16 EDT 2012

2012/5/15 Robert Dailey <rcdailey.lists at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Dave Abrahams <dave at boostpro.com> wrote:
>>
>> For me, no.  I'm trying to make a transition to CMake in a community
>> where this is being seen as a problematic limitation.
>

> I actually was reading over the boost modularization discussion, but I
> didn't spend enough time there to understand what this whole process is for.
> I'm assuming this is being setup so users can download pieces of boost
> individually and only use the parts they want. I'm glad that Boost is making
> a real effort to use CMake. I think such an influential community being
> involved with CMake will help push Kitware to realize how serious people are
> taking their products and maybe they'll make a move to "professionalize"
> them.

I could not resist a troll like that.
No offense but saying that CMake has to address such and such
limitation/weirdiness seems ok to me,
but going down to infer that no "serious" people do currently use
CMake is a little hard to read...

...and... I'm not speaking for myself since
I'm not considering myself as a serious guy anyway :-]

All that said I can witness that serious patches are more than usually
welcome :-)

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org