[CMake] Fwd: Fwd: Help with CMAKE

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Mar 29 10:16:03 EDT 2012

On 3/29/2012 9:52 AM, Sweety Pie wrote:
> I have installed the  Windows Platform SDK but the same error shows up:(
> I didnt get what do you mean by : Run CMake with --debug-trycompile
>
> ??
cmake --debug-trycompile ../path/to/yoursource

This will run cmake in mode where it does not delete the results of try
compile tests (which are failing for you).   The files will be in
CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp after you run with debug trycompile.  You then load
up the .sln file and see what happens when you build.

However, from your original post you can see:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MSVCRTD.lib'

This means for what ever reason the linker can not find the run time
library for visual studio.  That library is part of the SDK, however, it
would seem that your SDK is install wrong.  If you google "fatal error
LNK1104: cannot open file 'MSVCRTD.lib'", there are lots of others with
this issue.

-Bill