[CMake] [CPACK] symlink problem and man cpack issue

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 12:05:20 EDT 2012

2012/3/25 kassim orra <kassimorra at gmail.com>:
> Hi David,
>
> First, thanks for the help.
>
> I didn't use any argument, I posted all my cpack script. I really don't know
> why, there is somewhere I could change the /lib path inside the cpack script
> ?

May be the problem is not with CPack but with your install rule for this lib.
Did you use ABSOLUTE install path DESTINATION?

Could you copy/paste us the install command you use for
"libQtDeclarative" target?

> I posted all my cpack code, I'm starting to write it and when I finally
> work's, Im gonna change it for relative path's.

Your "CPack" code is strange:

set(CPACK_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "MedSquare")
this one is usually set by CPack generic generator itself.

set(CPACK_SOURCE_INSTALLED_DIRECTORIES "/root/medsquare/;source")
this one is usually set by CPack.cmake inclusion

set(CPACK_DEFAULT_LOCATION "./")
This one is not used anywhere by CPack, where did you picked the name?

set(CPACK_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY "1")
This one is automatically set to 1 by Archive Generators (including TZ)

set(CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS "/root/medsquare/source")
this one is usually set by CPack.cmake inclusion

set(CPACK_INTALL_PREFIX "/root/medsquare/installer")
you miss the 'S' for INSTALL.

set(CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME "medsquare")

set(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "/root/medsquare")
set(CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX "/root/medsquare")
include(CPack)

> Here is all my log:
> [root at root source]# cpack -E

"-E" is not a CPack option and you are running CPack as 'root'
which may be very bad idea if you used ABSOLUTE destination.

Could you try:
  1) to only use relative install path
  2) get rid of unecessary CPACK_xxx var definition
  3) run CPack as a normal user

If you get errors then try:
cpack --verbose --debug and send us the resulting output + the portion
of CMakeLists.txt where the install command for the failing target(s) are.

By the way which version of CMake/CPack are you using.
--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org