[CMake] Wrong cl.exe getting picked up

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:57:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > OK, but it does try to fill in the CMAKE_C_COMPILER value.  What are you
> > suggesting?  That this is a bug or some kind of mistake on my part
> thinking
> > that the value in CMAKE_C_COMPILER is somehow relevant for Visual Studio
> > targets?
> >

> CMAKE_C_COMPILER is not used for Visual Studio targets

If that's the case then the value should never be defined or defined to
something like CMAKE_C_COMPILER-NOTFOUND or
CMAKE_C_COMPILER-NOTUSEDFORVISUALSTUDIO.

This behavior isn't documented anywhere, and even if it was documented it's
confusing to have the system define variables that it will never use.

James