[CMake] ctest script: how to get make program

Olivier Pierard olivier.pierard at cenaero.be
Thu Mar 15 05:28:43 EDT 2012

Dear all,

At the end of my ctest script (I'm using cmake 2.8.0), I perform a 'make
install' with an 'execute_process' command:

execute_process(COMMAND "make" "install" "-i" WORKING_DIRECTORY
${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY} RESULT_VARIABLE makeInstallResult
OUTPUT_VARIABLE makeInstallLog ERROR_VARIABLE makeInstallLog)

However, 'make' should be replaced by the cmake cache variable
'CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM' for portability.

I tried, without success to use the get_cmake_property / get_property
functions.  Would it be possible to have an example on how to use this ?

By the way, I'm surprised that there is no 'ctest_install' command
(instead of using the command above) after compilation/tests ?  Is it
intended or am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help,

Olivier

--