[CMake] Accepted way to add "-fPIC" onto CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jun 18 20:23:48 EDT 2012

Thanks everyone for the help. I really have a typo in my CMake code so thanks for every one for finding that. Basically we build a few libraries which other parts of our code depend on. One particular library has to be a shared library but links statically to the other libraries in order to avoid some STL issues that are on VS 2008 and 2010. I bet these issues are not around on GCC with Linux so I bet I need to basically put in a safeguard to only build shared libraries on Linux and no-where else but I need to test that theory.
  I like the source files properties idea but I would need to apply that to just about every source file in our project. For now an all encompassing -fPIC for everything should solve the issue for the moment until a better fix in the form of a rewritten API can be put in.

Thanks everyone for helping
Mike Jackson                    Principal Software Engineer
BlueQuartz Software                            Dayton, Ohio
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net              www.bluequartz.net