[CMake] Accepted way to add "-fPIC" onto CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS?

Alain Leblanc aalebl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:09:22 EDT 2012

Starting to dislike the gmail program.

So here's a corrected message , to the list this time:

=======================================

This is how I've been doing for years. Doesn't mean it's the right way :)

Here -O3 and -DLINUX don't apply to your case, and ${SRC_FILES} has been
assigned with the file() command. Using ${UNIX}, but ${LINUX} would work
as well, maybe.

if (${UNIX})
set (EXTRA_OPTIONS "-O3  -Wno-deprecated -fPIC -DLINUX")
endif (${UNIX})
.
.
.
set_source_files_properties(${SRC_FILES}
       PROPERTIES
       COMPILE_FLAGS  "${EXTRA_OPTIONS}")