[CMake] Problems with FindBoost.cmake

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jul 31 09:55:34 EDT 2012

On Jul 31, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Christian Henning wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Michael Jackson
> <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
>> Where is your boost installed at? What operating system are you using? Is this boost precompiled or compiled by you?
>> If you set BOOST_ROOT as a cmake variable and point it to the top level directory of your boost installation does that help?
>>
>> For example if you boost is installed in C:\Boost then set BOOST_ROOT to C:\Boost
>
> Did you see the debug output?
>
> I'm setting all sorts of variables. Like BOOST_ROOT,
> Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS, Boost_DEBUG, BOOST_INCLUDEDIR,
> BOOST_LIBRARYDIR, etc
>
> I think the problem is that findboost.cmake cannot match my binary names.
>
> Regards,
> Christian

Clean your entire build folder out. when you run CMake-gui BEFORE you ever hit "configure" add the BOOST_ROOT variable. Then click the "configure" button. You should NOT have to set ANY internal cmake variables for this to work. The way you are building boost is known to work correctly.

Also what is the name of the folder inside C:\Boost\include\  ?

If that is NOT named correctly on windows FindBoost will fail.

---
Mike Jackson