[CMake] How to CPack my sources

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:10:30 EDT 2012

2012/7/19 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> Mike,
>
> Did you make this error with -C because of some bad documentation
> somewhere? (I seem to recall this in the past, but I think we've fixed
> up all the places where that error occurred...) If there's still an
> error out there somewhere in some docs that seem like they should be
> "current", I'd like to fix it.

The
cpack --help
is a bit confusing:

 -C <Configuration>          = Specify the project configuration
 --config <config file>      = Specify the config file.

the "project configuration"  may be be understand for 'packaging
project' I think.
You only get the "long help" speaking of "debug, release, ..." if you
read the whole
doc.

Is this the source of the confusion Mike?

May be "Specify the project 'build configuration'" could make this unambiguous.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org