[CMake] Xcode without 'command line tools' & xcrun & CMake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jul 13 11:03:02 EDT 2012

On 7/13/2012 10:49 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
> $ xcrun -find make
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make
>
>> >Most of this is just a rant
> Much of Apple's recent behaviour is very rant worthy, IMNSHO.
I am guessing some of the tools will not run without proper environments
set.  So, running the command line compilers will not work by doing lots
of calls to xcrun -find....  Think, ld, ar, gcc, g++, cfront, and all
the other stuff you need to run a compiler and cmake on the mac.   I
think we will have to take the stance that we do on windows, you have to
run cmake from a shell that is setup to run the compiler.   Is there an
xcvars?

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman