[CMake] Xcode without 'command line tools' & xcrun & CMake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jul 13 10:18:38 EDT 2012

On 7/12/2012 5:13 PM, David Cole wrote:
> xcrun make --version

That is so totally stupid....

What were they thinking at Apple...

Are you going to have to type "osrun ls" to get ls in the future?

Maybe it is more like MS VS studio now.  You have to run xcvars to be
able to compile from the command line.  I am guessing autotools and
other unix type build systems do not work with this either.

Most of this is just a rant, I suppose we will try to adapt.  However, I
am not sure we can.  I think there will be other problems like not
finding the compiler, and putting xcrun in front of every tool used is
not going to work...

-Bill