[CMake] Running ctest tests from the test source directory

Ateljevich, Eli eli at water.ca.gov
Tue Jul 10 02:39:11 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I am doing an out-of-source build in a directory called /build. I have a test directory /examples that has some input to be run with the projects main driver:

/proj
   /build
      /bin
         driver.exe
      /example1
      /example2
   /example
      /example1
         ...some files

The project is a computationally expensive numerical model with large data, so if at all possible I would like to avoid copying files. The input names are hardwired, so the executable has to be run from a directory where the data exist. Is there a best way to switch this so that the program runs in the /example/example1 directory instead of /build/example1?

Thanks,
Eli