[CMake] Different memcheck options for different tests

Andreas Schuh andreas.schuh.84 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:26:07 EST 2012

Hi Roland,

have you considered writing a CTest script which you would run as follows:

ctest -S your_script.ctest

?

In your CTest script, you can use the commands

ctest_start()
ctest_configure()
ctest_build()

set (CTEST_MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND_OPTIONS "...")
ctest_memcheck() where you include only certain tests

set (CTEST_MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND_OPTIONS "...")
ctest_memcheck() where you include only certain tests

set (CTEST_MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND_OPTIONS "...")
ctest_memcheck() where you include only certain tests

ctest_submit()

Have a closer look at the documentation of these functions that you
can use in your CTest script at
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/ctest-2-8-docs.html#section_Commands.

I am not certain if setting the CTEST_MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND_OPTIONS in
between calls to ctest_memcheck() works as expected. Maybe you would
need to do also the ctest_configure() and ctest_build() steps before
again, but I would hope not...

Andreas