[CMake] GCC compiler version

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jan 13 16:52:44 EST 2012

Brad's recently committed and merged to next a topic that does just that.

See the commits in this view:

  gitk e0bc42aa4ff086e9c6976ab91ba924530df0bf72..0df1942a72f1e67c88f0d02dc405fbd76793347a
&

If you are using next, you can inspect the variables
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_VERSION, after a
"project" or "enable_language" command.

It will likely first appear in the upcoming CMake 2.8.8...

HTH,
David