[CMake] cpack -G NSIS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:37:24 EST 2012

2012/1/11 Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:

Andrea,

Could you please not drop the ML address?
I know the reply-to-sender mode of the list may be annoying but it is
the current setup
so tha tyou need to re-add ML address when answering.

> On 01/10/2012 07:18 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>>
>> This does not seems to fail in the same way?
>>
>>> (By the way you lack a .gitignore, which for example might contain
>>> "Bootstrap.cmk")
>>
>> Why?
>> Usually when you build CMake you do it out-of-source:
>>
>> mkdir bstrap
>> cd btstrap
>> /path/to/CMake/bootstrap
>>
>> if you do build in-source you can clean-up using
>> git clean
>
> If compiling something from git generates files which are not useful
> to see they are normally simple added to .gitignore.
> Of course you can run git clean, but almost every project has its .gitignore
> and it's really not an invasive addition.

No problem I get that.
The things is I doubt that any CMake developer would be building in source
so I bet no one did face the need.

[...]

> Well then I'm not cross-compiling, and the project is really stupid,

Then I do not understand how you can
>>> I'm on linux and the *exe are supposed to work only on Windows,
>>> run cpack on Linux (archlinux 64 bit)

and not cross-compiling?

Do you produce "Windows executable" or "Linux executable"?
Which compiler are you using?

> just a test to try out a few things:
>
> cmake_minimum_required (VERSION 2.6)
>
> # we can pass the language used in the project too
> project (Hello)
> add_executable (hello hello.cpp)
> add_test (ShouldPass passing)
> add_executable (passing passing.c)
>
> # setting the version number with a major and minor
> set (Tutorial_VERSION_MAJOR 1)
> set (Tutorial_VERSION_MINOR 0)
>
> # now a new target is generated in the Makefile, "package" and
> "source_package"
> include(CPack)
> # we add a test which is supposed to pass
> include(CTest)

Would you be able to send me a zip / tgz / ...
that contains all the sources needed to compile the project,
that way I can try myself on the actual files.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org