[CMake] Interrupt problems in cmake-gui

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Thu Jan 5 20:23:37 EST 2012

On 12/31/2011 02:10 AM, Robert Dailey wrote:

> I'd like to introduce boost into CMake for this.

Whenever I've advocated CMake as build system, one of the strongest
selling points has been its self-sufficiency, i.e. the fact that it
does not have any external dependencies except for a C++ environment.
IMO, each further dependency on external packages - be it Boost, be it
Qt or what ever - would compromise CMake's chances to be preferred to
other build systems. For this reason, I'd support Bill's position and
recommend to be particularly conservative w.r.t. the introduction of
additional dependencies into the CMake executable.

Regards,

Michael