[CMake] XCode generator hangs when writing build config.

Axel Roebel axel.roebel at ircam.fr
Thu Jan 5 05:22:57 EST 2012

On 05/01/2012 01:56, David Cole wrote:
>> Wow. Nice, quick work.
>> >
>> > Thanks for the patch. I'll get it applied and pushed to our 'next'
>> > branch so this can get into the next release...
>> >

>> > Thanks,
>> > David
> Hmmm. I've downloaded the source from SourceForge, but do not
> reproduce the problem here simply by running cmake to
> configure/generate. You must be setting the flags explicitly somehow?
> (By hand, or with a script?)

You may need to checkout from sourceforge CVS, the tar ball is not that
recent.

> Can you tell me exactly how to reproduce the problem so that I can
> verify the fix works?

You may need to force your compiler to be gcc (clang or llvm)
I don't have the latter so I don't know whether they pass or not.
You see the logic of setting the compiler flags in
EASDIF_SDIF/SDIF/cmModules/SET_COMPILER_FLAGS.cmake
here

IF (GCCVERSIONMAJ EQUAL 4)
        ADD_BT_COMPILER_FLAGS(RELEASE -finline-limit=5000 --param
large-function-insns=5000 --param large-function-growth=500 --param
inline-unit-growth=100)

So only gcc will trigger the problem

As far as I remember i did not have this machinery when I published the
last tar ball.

Please find attached a minimal example project (source tt.cc and
CMakeLists.txt) that trigger the problem.

Best
Axel

--
Axel Roebel
Head of the Analysis/Synthesis Team, IRCAM