[CMake] Can't generate Release build in Visual Studio 9

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Feb 24 13:28:24 EST 2012

I will thrown my 2 cents in for this. I also use a Command prompt to run CMake on Windows and I generate Visual Studio projects. If I want to do a build and not edit the code I do the following:

cmake.exe ../
msbuild /p:Configuration=Release MyProject.sln
msbuild /p:Configuration=Release PACKAGE.vcproj

Maybe not the most elegant solution but does work. I do like the idea of a .user file though.
Mike Jackson                    Principal Software Engineer
BlueQuartz Software                            Dayton, Ohio
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net              www.bluequartz.net