[CMake] Can't generate Release build in Visual Studio 9

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:06:32 EST 2012

> The SLN solution contains all possible build-types. The user just have to
> select which one they want (i.e. in Visual Studio, not cmake)

Continuing on this subject. The default configuration in Visual Studio
is Debug so that is why debug is selected.

There are many ways around this:

1. You could reduce the configurations that CMake creates down just to
the one you want.

2. Do batch building. I do this option. Look at the cmake --build command

3. Use nmake makefiles (I believe)

4. Generate a new .user file to specify the default build for your
project in visual studio when you configure the project in cmake.

John