[CMake] ctest return code

Tom Deblauwe tom.deblauwe at traficon.com
Wed Feb 15 14:44:47 EST 2012

Hello,

In attachment a project which illustrates the problem.

Just change the directory in the ctest script
"continuous_dashboard.cmake" to where your source is.

Then i run ctest in my bash script. I'm in git bash on windows now, but
I get the problem on linux too.

tdb at PCTDBP /c/werk/cmake_tests
$ ctest -S dashboard/continuous_dashboard.cmake -VV

Ctest then runs, and this is the last of the output, in which you can
see that it builds but that the unittest fails.

.========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
  Size of output: 1K
Command exited with the value: 0
MakeCommand:C:\PROGRA~2\MI30EB~1\Common7\IDE\devenv.com Project.sln
/build Relea
se /project ALL_BUILD
    0 Compiler errors
    0 Compiler warnings
SetCTestConfiguration:BuildDirectory:c:/werk/cmake_tests/bld-Release
SetCTestConfiguration:SourceDirectory:c:/werk/cmake_tests/prog
Test project C:/werk/cmake_tests/bld-Release
Constructing a list of tests
Done constructing a list of tests
Checking test dependency graph...
Checking test dependency graph end
test 1
     Start 1: testMylibTest

1: Test command:
C:\werk\cmake_tests\bld-Release\mylib\test\mylib\release\testMy
lib.exe
1: Test timeout computed to be: 600
1/1 Test #1: testMylibTest ....................***Failed    0.05 sec

0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1

Total Test time (real) =   2.44 sec

The following tests FAILED:
           1 - testMylibTest (Failed)

Then after ctest exits I do:
tdb at PCTDBP /c/werk/cmake_tests
$ echo $?
0

As you can see: the test failed, but ctest just returns 0.

Best regards,
Tom,