[CMake] CPACK generated DEB package can not create directories

Ralf Lange ralf.lange at longsoft.de
Mon Feb 6 13:18:43 EST 2012

The CMake version is 2.8.2.
The system is Debian 6.0.4 (squeez).
The kernel is 2.6.32-5-amd64.
The Desktop is Gnome 2.30.2.

CPack generates the deb package. Than I open the package using GDebi
Packet Installer. The installer ask for the superuser password and ends
without installation. The error message is:
dpkg: Error processing
of /home/ralf/Animation-Dev/qStopMotion/qstopmotion-buil-makefile/qstopmotion-0.9.10-Linux.deb (--install):
/usr/share/qstopmotion/graphics/qstopmotion_logo_transparent_75.png.dpkg-new can not be created (...): File or Directory not found.

(this is a translation, I use a german language system)

When I create all the directories on the command line bevor I start the
installer, than it works.

Thanks.
Ralf