[CMake] CPACK generated DEB package can not create directories

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:14:32 EST 2012

2012/2/6 Ralf Lange <ralf.lange at longsoft.de>:
> Hi,
> I use CPACK to generate RPM and DEB packages for my software. The RPM
> package wirks fine but the DEB package can not create the neccessary
> directories in the usr/lib directory. When I create the direcories by hand,
> it works.
> Who can help to fix this problem?

May be I can, but you'll have to give more details:

1) Which version of CMake/CPack are you using?

2) What do you mean by "can not create the neccessary directories in
the usr/lib directory"?
    a) you cannot create the .deb --> what kind of error do you get from cpack?
    a) you can create the .deb but cannot install it --> what kind of
error do you get from dpkg?

3) Would you be able to create a small project which reproduce the problem?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org