[CMake] ICC + Windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 2 14:00:49 EST 2012

On 2/1/2012 2:05 PM, Roland Schulz wrote:
> what is the recommended Generator to compile on Windows with ICC on the shell?
>
> If I try to use the Visual Studio 2010 (or 2008) generator

There is an open issue tracker entry requesting direct .icproj file generation:

   http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=6929

So far we've not had resources available to implement it.

> If I try to use the NMake generator instead then I get:

The NMake generator is expected to work when CMake is run from a command
prompt with the proper environment configured.

> src\gmxlib\CMakeFiles\gmx.dir\flags.make(5) : fatal error U1001: syntax error :
> illegal character '-' in macro
>
> Somehow the NMake generator uses dashes instead of slashes for options.

AFAIK most windows tools support either / or - for options.  In order
to diagnose this further I'd need to see the actual flags.make file
or line in question.

-Brad