[CMake] ICC + Windows

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Wed Feb 1 14:05:40 EST 2012

Hi,

what is the recommended Generator to compile on Windows with ICC on the
shell?

If I try to use the Visual Studio 2010 (or 2008) generator and then use
msbuild (/ devenv) to compile, it uses MSVC as compiler. This is even
though I have selected icl (CC=icl) and cmake had detected that the
compiler correctly as Intel.
If I run msbuild with  '/p:PlatformToolset="Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0"'
then I get the error:

C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\x64\PlatformTools
ets\Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler XE
12.0.tar
gets(38,5): error MSB4062: The "ICMessage" task could not be loaded from
the as
sembly Intel.Build.ICLTasks.ICMsgTask, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
Publi
cKeyToken=3c0c138f5bbab72f. Could not load file or assembly
'Intel.Build.ICLTas
ks.ICMsgTask, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=3c0c138f5bbab72
f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Confi
rm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all
its d
ependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that
imple
ments Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.
[E:\jenkins-build\testing\gromacs\icc.vs
2010\src\gmxlib\gmx.vcxproj]

If I try to use the NMake generator instead then I get:
src\gmxlib\CMakeFiles\gmx.dir\flags.make(5) : fatal error U1001: syntax
error :
illegal character '-' in macro

Somehow the NMake generator uses dashes instead of slashes for options.

I'm usually not developing on Windows. So please excuse it if I'm missing
something obvious.

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309