[CMake] Getting started with the tutorial

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 22 16:59:29 EDT 2012

I'm just getting started with CMake.  Downloaded and installed version 2.8.9 under Mac OS 10.6.  Downloaded the tutorial (Step 1) from Tests/Tutorial.  Everything looks normal.

I then ran CMake and filled out the form with the source and binary directories (after adding a "bin" directory for the binaries).  The "Configure" step seemed to run normally, no error messages.  Same for the "Generate" step.  Lots of new files and folders in "bin".  The only problem is I can't get a working executable file out of all this.  I found two files named a.out, but they just do an immediate return, with nothing to stdout.

I must be missing something obvious.  Help will be greatly appreciated.