[CMake] CMake files for static builds of Qt 5

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Aug 22 12:58:46 EDT 2012

Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> To clarify, I wasn't talking about moving Qt.  I was talking about a pre-
> compiled libraries that depend on Qt being put on another machine, along
> with their cmake export files.

Thanks for clarifying!

> The QMAKE_PRL_LIBS has paths
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib64
> -L/home/stephen/dev/src/qtbase-static/lib
>
> And I'm concerned those paths would show up in the export file.

Yes, I see what you mean. After a quick test, CMake exports files generally
don't seem to duplicate the information in dependent imported targets.

If that's the case, then there doesn't seem to be any problem (apart from the
duplication issue - though I think CMake itself might handle that properly
alreday). The contents of the QtFoo.prl file will not be duplicated and must
contain correct information anyway, as otherwise the Qt installation would be
broken.

Also, to clarify a bit, a path to my source directory appears above as it is
from a prl file in my build directory. At install time the prl files are re-
generated with install-prefix paths.

> Also, I dislike adding "-L/home/stephen/dev/src/qtbase-static/lib
> -lQtCore" when we already have
> /home/stephen/dev/src/qtbase-static/lib/libQtCore.so when using QtGui.

To clarify here too, we're talking only about static libraries, not .so files.

Thanks,

Steve.

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer