[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

David Golub golubdr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:47:29 EDT 2012

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13202
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13203

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-bounces at cmake.org [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of
David Cole
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 4:48 PM
To: cmake
Subject: [CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Hi all,

Replies requested. Short replies only. Read on. Just a short reply with bug
numbers or links to the bugs is all we need here.

Example one-line reply:

Please move specific discussions into the bugs themselves or start a new
thread to talk about it... Replies on this thread should just be a collector
for bug numbers.

We are aiming for approximately quarterly releases from now on, scheduling
them every 3 to 4 months. The next release of CMake will likely be version
2.8.10, scheduled to have an "rc1" release candidate on Wed. October 17,
2012 -- just 9 weeks from next Wednesday.

If you have a particular issue that you think should be fixed for inclusion
in 2.8.10, please bring it up within the next two weeks.
Ideally, each issue will be discussed as needed on the mailing list to come
to any consensus about what should be done to fix it, and then an entry in
the bug tracker may be used to keep it on the radar screen, and to track
activity related to it. You can see what's on the roadmap for this release
here:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/roadmap_page.php?version_id=100

Patches are always welcome. Patches that include testing of any new
features, or tests that prove a bug is really fixed on the dashboards,
(basically any patch with testing) is preferred over a patch with no
testing. Also, if you are *adding* code, then you also probably need to add
*tests* of that code, so that the coverage percentage stays as is or rises.

Please discuss issues here as needed, and add notes to existing issues in
the bug tracker that you are interested in seeing fixed -- we will be
looking at the mailing list and activity in the bug tracker to help
prioritize the bug fixes that will occur in the near future.

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.

P.S. - as a nice summary of what we accomplished in the CMake 2.8.9 release,
see here:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/changelog_page.php?version_id=93 -- it
currently lists 74 issues that we resolved: nice job, everybody!

(Many of those were specifically addressed because somebody asked for it
right here on the mailing list... Don't be shy!)