[CMake] Eclipse generator on mac

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Aug 9 16:28:44 EDT 2012

On Thursday 09 August 2012, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:
> Hi
>
> >  Copy'n paste error, I meant this one:
> > http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=13367
> >
> > Can you please look at this one ?
>
> No also doesn't look the same. I don't have any missing/incorrect includes
> other than the 2 mentioned before.

Ah, sorry, I missed the part with the braces.
Can you please post the output of the following command here ?
g++ -v -E -x c++ -dD /dev/null
(or clang if you're using that).
It would be even better if you could create a bug report at
http://public.kitware.com/Bug for this and put the information there :-)

> One thing that I noticed, it is important to not have any includes in the
> CMake files pointing to nothing/empty dirs. For the Makefiles this isn't a
> problem, but in Eclipse those entries are shown as warnings. But this is a
> problem of my CMake files, not of CMake/Eclipse.
>
> > > * Warnings/Errors are shown three times (Source Directory, Subprojects,
> > >
> > > Targets)
> > >
> > > What are subproject and targets?
>
> Is there something I can do about this? Seeing everything three times is
> really confusing.

Ah, this is this one:

I thought this would be a good idea but know it seems people are more
complaining about it than liking it...

> > > * GIT Team Support isn't added to the source project (is this the
> > > normal
> > >
> > > case for SVN?)
> >
> > This is a deficiency of Eclipse. I filed a bug report at Eclipse. The
> > version control plugins are simply not called for files which are not in
> > a subdir of the project file :-/
>
> I am talking about the Source project. Generated
> using -DCMAKE_ECLIPSE_GENERATE_SOURCE_PROJECT=TRUE.
> If I add the team provided myself it all works ok, but this makes it
> impossible to regenerate the project files. Can CMake add the team provider
> during generation?

Probably, I'll have a look.
Can you create a ticket at http://public.kitware.com/Bug for cmake for that ?

Alex