[CMake] CMake 2.8.8 Upgrade problem with Xcode on OS X 10.8

Romain LEGUAY romain.leguay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:19:44 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have practically the same problem with OS X 10.7.4 and the last
version of XCode (4.4.1).

$> cmake -GXcode .

-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler using: Xcode
-- Check for working C compiler using: Xcode -- broken
CMake Error at /Applications/CMake
2.8-8.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52
(MESSAGE):
   The C compiler "/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2" is not able to compile a
simple test
   program.

   It fails with the following output:

    Change Dir: /path_to_my_project/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

   Run Build Command:/Applications/CMake\ 2.8-8.app/Contents/bin/cmakexbuild
   -project CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.xcodeproj build -target
   cmTryCompileExec404778880 -configuration Debug

Thanks,

Romain