[CMake] FYI - From Ninja-build mailing list - Fwd: Proposal: restat rules

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:40:44 EDT 2011

Tested cmake/ninja with Blender's cmake files, works well, and fast!
Single file rebuild is 0.97 sec, same on makefiles was 3.7sec.

btw, we do something similar to LLVM with generating source, only
updating if it changes, however only for C files not headers, ninja
handles this ok for my quick tests editing files and rebuilding.

Looking forward to having this in stable cmake!

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Peter Collingbourne <peter at pcc.me.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 11:04:42PM -0400, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:

- Campbell