[CMake] Bug "VS 2010 generator improperly generates AdditionalIncludeDirectories nodes"

Pere Mato Vila Pere.Mato at cern.ch
Mon May 30 03:38:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

  I am seriously affected by the bug "VS 2010 generator improperly generates AdditionalIncludeDirectories nodes" (http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10798) in my project and do not think that providing a patch file for CMake to our users is a practical option. Does anybody know when a fix will be incorporate in an official release of CMake or whether there is a possible workaround to avoid the problem?
  In my case what I find in the generated VS projects is:
      <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>E:/cmake/ROOT/visual10/include;E:/cmake/ROOT/root_trunk/hist/hist/inc;....%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>
      <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>E:/cmake/ROOT/root_trunk/build/win</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>
 The first node is the consequence of many INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES() in the project and the second comes from SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS -IE:/cmake/ROOT/root_trunk/build/win)