[CMake] Why is ExternalProject trigger-happy about re-downloading source?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Mar 9 15:02:54 EST 2011

I only know about problems with this w.r.t. Visual Studio 10, as reported
just the other day here:

  http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-March/043205.html

Are you using VS 10? Or something else?

You can always write a custom DOWNLOAD_COMMAND if you wish, but ideally,
we'd be able to figure out what's triggering this behavior, and then fix it
at the root cause...

Give us steps to repro, and if it reproduces reliably, then we can work on a
fix.

Use the small project (downloads/configure/builds/tests nearly instantly)
referred to in http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11927 (an
ExternalProject build of a very small github project) to reproduce with your
platform/compilers if possible. A lot easier than doing the same thing with
VTK and/or ITK.

Thanks,
David