[CMake] Cannot run/debug cmake project with MSVC 2010 which works well in Linux

Srimal Jayawardena srimalj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 20:36:52 EST 2011

Hi

Thanks for the wonderful tool.

I'm fairly new to cmake and had this problem.

I'm using cmake 2.8.3 and my code builds and runs well in Linux but
has the following problems in MS Visual Studio 2010 (Express) in
Windows XP.

I cant run/debug the project by pressing (F5) although it does build
solution (F7) works without errors.

When I try to run/debug it seems to try to run a program called
'ALL_BUILD) (which doesnt exisit).

Also I see three projects in my solution :

- 'ALL_BUILDS',
-  'textureBackProjection' (this is the correct executable file
mentioend in the CMakeLists.txt and
- 'ZERO_CHECK'

ALL_BUILDS is set as the start up project.

If can change the start up project to 'textureBackProjection' by right
clicking pressing F5 to run/debug complains of a whole load of missing
PDB files for some windows dll files.

However, the executable is built as textureBackProjection.exe and this
runs OK  when clicked outside of MSVC.
Have I done something wrong that it won't run/debug inside Visual Studio 2010?.

Here is my simple CMakeLists.txt file:

# CMakeLists.txt - Uses Cmake to make cross platform builds
# Srimal wrote this on  24/01/2011
cmake_minimum_required (VERSION 2.6)
project (TEXMAP)
INCLUDE (CheckIncludeFiles)

#Set flags to include platform specific header files
CHECK_INCLUDE_FILES (stdafx.h HAVE_STDAFX_H)
CHECK_INCLUDE_FILES (windows.h HAVE_WINDOWS_H)
CONFIGURE_FILE(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/config.h.in
${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/config.h)

#use OpenGL and GLUT
find_package(OpenGL)
find_package(GLUT)

#specify executable with source files needed
add_executable (textureBackprojection textureBackprojection.cpp
glmimg.cpp Texture.cpp glm.cpp)

# Link the executable to  library.
target_link_libraries (textureBackprojection glut)

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance

Srimal.
--
~
Srimal Jayawardena

http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~srimalj/
http://srimal.sri-lankan.net/
http://srimal-techdiary.blogspot.com/

'My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable
superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able
to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.' - Albert Einstein