[CMake] CDash submissions show up as two entries, one row for update, one for build/test etc

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Mon Jan 24 15:09:10 EST 2011

> I found the issue. I happened to put a trailing newline in CTEST_SITE,
> causing some error further down the line. I guess CDash could deal
> with it a bit better, but all in all it's a user error. (I utilized
> the hostname command to get the hostname, but forgot to use
> OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE)

Uh-oh. That sounds familiar. The same thing happened to me once. And if you don't set CTEST_SITE you get one entry per step (i.e. update, configure, build, test). IMHO CTest should do a) abort with a clear error message if CTEST_SITE is not a valid hostname for any reason (i.e. spaces or newlines) and b) set it to the hostname of the machine if it is not set at all.

Any opinions on this before I file a bug report?

Eike