[CMake] Adding support for Absoft Fortran compilers in CMake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 19 11:19:56 EST 2011

On 01/19/2011 10:32 AM, Tony Goelz wrote:
> My apologies in advance  if this is not the correct place to start my inquiry.

This is a good place to start.  This was discussed briefly:

  http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-August/031688.html

but left off here:

  http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-September/031728.html

Bill Hoffman and I are two of the core CMake developers at Kitware and are
interested.

> I am looking for information on getting support for Absoft's Fortran compilers
> on Linux, Windows and OS X added to a future release of CMake. Ideally, the
> Absoft compilers would be supported in the same manner that other vendor's
> Fortran compilers.

This is certainly possible, especially with your help.

> Can someone provide me with the appropriate channel to get this process started?
> Absoft is willing to a provide no cost copy of the compilers as well as making
> modifications to our compiler drivers if required.

That will help tremendously.  Bill and I will get in touch with you off-list.

Thanks for your interest!
-Brad