[CMake] ctest crashes with HTTPS drop method

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Tue Jan 18 13:37:27 EST 2011

Hi David,

I compiled it using the Gentoo package manager: "emerge cmake"
Gentoo compiles (almost) everything from source.

But I did not do a manual cmake+make.

Using ldd I can see that ctest is linked against openssl, so that should not
be the problem.
The coredump even shows that it crashes when the openssl function
engine_unlocked_finish is called.

Maybe I've time tomorrow to compile a debug version myself to get a better
callstack.

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011 06:59:43 pm David Cole wrote:
> [...]
> >  Hi
> >
> > I tried to change the drop method from HTTP to HTTPS today,
> >
> > because I want to secure my server before I make it world accessible.
> >
> > However ctest crashes with segmentation fault.
> >
> > The apache server uses a self-signed certificate, maybe this causes the
> > problem.
> >
> > How can I add this to the trust list? Does ctest have a trust list
> > somewhere?
> >
> > I tried to add add it to /etc/ssl/certs, but this seems not to work.
> >
> > The coredump does not help a lot without debug symbols, but at least it
> > shows the function that crashes:
> >
> > Core was generated by `ctest -D Experimental -VV'.
> >
> > Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
> >
> > #0 0xb71ab900 in engine_unlocked_finish ()---Type <return> to continue,
> > or q <return> to quit---
> >
> > (gdb) bt
> >
> > #0 0xb71ab900 in engine_unlocked_finish () from
> > /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> >
> >  The output using -VV looks like this if it helps:
> >
> > Close file: CoverageLog-0.xml
> >
> >  Covered LOC: 2154
> >
> > Not covered LOC: 2823
> >
> > Total LOC: 4977
> >
> > Percentage Coverage: 43.28%
> >
> > UpdateCTestConfiguration from
> >
> > :/home/gergap/work/buildbot/sidusttng/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
> >
> > Parse Config
> > file:/home/gergap/work/buildbot/sidusttng/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
> >
> > Submit files (using https)
> >
> > Using HTTP submit method
> >
> > Drop site:https://cdash.ascolab.com/CDash/submit.php?project=sidusttng
> >
> > Upload file:
> > /home/gergap/work/buildbot/sidusttng/build/Testing/20110118-1644/Build.xm
> > l to
> > https://cdash.ascolab.com/CDash/submit.php?project=sidusttng&FileName=ws-
> > gergap___Linux-c%2B%2B___20110118-1644-Experimental___XML___Build.xml&MD5
> > =e27e48db416631db7f44d7e91e5f174fSize: 963
> >
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > Some version infos:
> >
> > gergap at ws-gergap ~ $ ctest --version
> >
> > ctest version 2.8.3
> >
> > gergap at ws-gergap ~ $ eix -I -c openssl
> >
> > [I] dev-libs/openssl (1.0.0c at 12/07/2010): full-strength general purpose
> > cryptography library (including SSL v2/v3 and TLS v1)
> >
> > gergap at ws-gergap ~ $ uname -a
> >
> > Linux ws-gergap 2.6.36-gentoo-r1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 8 09:41:17 CET
> > 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
> >

> > --
> >
> > Gerhard Gappmeier
> >
> > ascolab GmbH - automation systems communication laboratory
> >
> > Tel.: +49 9131 691 123
> >
> > Fax: +49 9131 691 128
> >
> > Web: http://www.ascolab.com
> >
> > GPG Key Id: 5AAC50C4
> >
> > GPG Fingerprint: 967A 15F1 2788 164D CCA3 6C46 07CD 6F82 5AAC 50C4
> >
> > --
> >
> > ascolab GmbH
> >
> > Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Gappmeier, Matthias Damm, Uwe Steinkrauß
> >
> > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Am Weichselgarten 7 . 91058 Erlangen . Germany

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards