[CMake] build.h instead of config.h

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:23:49 EST 2011

2011/1/18 luxInteg <lux-integ at btconnect.com>:
> Greetings,
>
> I am learning cmake.  I progressed to doing configH checks (libtool to cmake
> conversion).   I have followed useful tips I obtained from this list  and this
> link:-
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:How_To_Write_Platform_Checks
>

>  I have a test project    with the following features
>
> --it generates a build.h  instead of a config.h (where it got the instruction
> to generate the said   build..h from? -I do not know)

Usually the "whatever.h" file is generated from a "whatever.h.in" or
"whatever.h.cmake"
which is processed by configure_file after the various checks were done.

May be you can post your CMakeLists.txt here if it's not too big?

> --the libtool build has these switches   -MT  -MD -MP   but   setting these as
> definitions   to the migrated cmake setup leads to compile falure

What is your platform/compiler target?
Linux/gcc, Windows/Visual etc...
I bet the " -MT  -MD -MP" options are specific to the compiler use, did you
check the documentation of the compiler?

Are you compiling C or C++?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org