[CMake] CPack and configure_file

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:31:16 EST 2011

2011/1/10 Tobias Ellinghaus <houz at gmx.de>:
> Hello,
>
> I create some files inside of CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR using configure_file().
> These are not installed but needed for compiling the program. When creating a
> .tgz file with make package_source these files are not included so that the

package_source will include all file inside CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR
so if you are doing out-of-source build the observed behavior is the
expected one.

> resulting source package is basically useless.

WHY do you think so ?
WHY you want to put GENERATED file inside your source .tgz?
Do you expect your user to build from source without CMake?

> Is there a way to add these files? I have searched through google and the list
> archives and only found http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8438

I cannot see the relationship between your issue and the refered bug?

> which would at least allow to copy the files into CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR.

You may generate those file (with configure_file) inside your source tree
and the generated file will be packaged by "package_source", but again
WHY do you want to include a generated file inside your source package?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org