[CMake] how to ignore errors/keep going using cmake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jan 6 06:58:14 EST 2011

This depends on the projects use of "message" in the CMakeLists.txt files.

If a project call to message uses "FATAL_ERROR" it stops immediately
and returns an error.

If they use "SEND_ERROR" it continues processing and returns an error
when it is done configuring.

In either case, it will not generate new makefiles.

Since this distinction is made at the project's discretion based on
the particular error that is occurring, we do not provide a "continue
on error" option. We already automatically continue on error if
"SEND_ERROR" is used. But if there's a FATAL_ERROR, you must correct
it and then re-configure to get past that.

HTH,
David