[CMake] how to ignore errors/keep going using cmake

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jan 5 20:01:21 EST 2011

On 2011-01-05 16:43-0800 Ekaterina Sanina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to ignore errors and continue the build with cmake (for example if one wants to find out
> how many failures the project has). Is there option similar to -i ( --ignore-errors) or -k (--keep-going) option of GNU
> make?
> I scanned the documentation and can't find any relevant option.  -i option doing something else (runs in wizard mode) and
> -k option is ignored. You help is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure, but you may be confusing cmake with make.  At least for
the default "Unix Makefiles" generator on Linux systems, cmake
configures a bunch of (GNU) Makefiles.  You then run those with the
ordinary "make" command where you have access to the ordinary make -k
option.

My experience is cmake often tries to continue after an error occurs, but
almost always it is that first error (say caused by some screwup in a
CMakeLists.txt file) that is the most important one so ordinarily
I ignored the attempt to continue if it occurs.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).